DC10plus; The network for change
DC10plus aims to promote social inclusion through the use of technology. It is a collaborative network of local authorities and their partners dedicated to creating partnerships, sharing best practice and developing new initiatives.
Following on from the Digital Challenge, DC10plus is now a collaborative authority on digital inclusion issues and how they impact at a local level.
The DC10plus vision is to be a network for change; helping local authorities and their service delivery partners to empower people and connect communities through technology and innovation.
Our key objective as a collaborative network is to:
- act as a knowledge exchange
- develop and disseminate good practice
- promote digital inclusion as part of the delivery of Local Area Agreements and Multiple Area Agreements
- jointly develop bids to Europe and other funding sources
- Identify key social, economic, environmental and service delivery issues that will impact on central government policy
- act as a knowledge bank for local authorities, regional bodies, central government, the private sector and other organisations seeking information on good practice
- be a key presence at relevant events
DC10plus has identified seven key activities which underpin our vision and ongoing strategy:
- Next generation connectivity
- Independent living
- Flexible Working
- Digital environment
- Digital switchover
- Communities building capacity
- Regional Engagement